For Those Ages 19 and Older
We have a variety of regular events that happen every month. We also host contests, parties and other special activities throughout the year. Scroll down for more resources just for our adult patrons.
the Community Room
We have all our how-to videos from previous crafts on our YouTube channel.
Our Madison Library YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoNNivDJ_0aeQsKNbqRFrkA
Have a piece that you’d like to perform for the public?
An open recital will be held Monday, October 17, with a recital for invited performers on Monday, November 14.
We will have additional recital oportunities on Monday, January 23, and Monday, April 17, if you are unable to perform in the fall.
Open to all ages!
Click for more information and to sign up!
Creative Writing Club
Every Second and Fourth Wednesday at 6:00 pm
Fridays, September 16 and 23, at 7:00 pm
Take a Break Book Club
Every Fourth Thursday at 6:30 pm
A New Theme Every Month
Books, Movies, Magazines and More!
Don't Forget Our Free
Family Friendly Films
1st, 3rd, and 5th Fridays at 3:30 pm in the Community Room
September 2: Babe (1995; G)
- September 16: The Iron Giant (1999; PG)
- September 30: Anastasia (1997; G)
Parents, please pre-screen movies for appropriateness for your family.
Children under 12 MUST be accompanied by someone age 14 or older.
Activities & Events Blog
Get details for all our events. Join us for friendship and fun!
Congratulations to the winners of our First Chapter Teen Writing Contest! Our top three submissions were: 1. Ainsley Burns' "A Dreamy Death" 2. Mary Palmer's What's in a Name" 3. Caitlyn Isle's "Haunted Home" Click on the titles above to read. Check them out!
TEEN ACTION COUNCILWednesday, August 3rd. 4-5:30pm. For ages 12-18. Come and have a say in what activities Teens do at the Library and meet new friends. NO PROGRAMS IN AUGUST To reset from Summer Reading and to accomodate our new infrastruture updates, there will be...
The library will be closed Thursday August 18th through Saturday August 27th for infrastructure updates. No items will be due and the book drop will also be closed. A word from the Director: "The Madison Library District is getting upgrades! Our sorting machine has...
Find all our posts in the Adult Blog
Fridays, Sept. 16 and 23, at 7:00 pm
Come join other grown-ups in expressing your creativity!
- Sept. 16: Beaded Safety Pin Jewelry – Remember these from the 1990s?
- Sept. 23: LEGOmania Landmarks! Why let the kids have all the fun?
Creative Writing Club
Wednesdays, Sept. 14 and 28, at 6:00 pm
Share your writing with other storytelling enthusiasts or join to make friends! Join the Creative Writers Club for ages 19+. We will share your favorite piece of writing and talk about why writing is our passion.
Take a Break Book Club
Thursday, September 29, at 6:30 pm
Come join your fellow community members for a lively discussion of both classic works and modern masterpieces.
Unless otherwise noted, a limited number of book club reading copies will be available for checkout from the circulation desk about a month prior to the meeting.
We’ll be reading The Secret River by Kate Grenville.
In 1806 William Thornhill, an illiterate English bargeman and a man of quick temper but deep compassion, steals a load of wood and, as a part of his lenient sentence, is deported, along with his beloved wife, Sal, to the New South Wales colony in what would become Australia. The Secret River is the tale of William and Sal’s deep love for their small, exotic corner of the new world, and William’s gradual realization that if he wants to make a home for his family, he must forcibly take the land from the people who came before him.
We hope to see you there!
september 1 – 30 – this month’s theme is the 1990s!
Madison Library’s Brand New Reading Challenge
All ages can play. We have a bingo card for kids 11 and under, and one for teens and adults 12 and older. Read fun new books and audiobooks and win great prizes!
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Read the challenges and pick a bingo line that most appeals to you.
Step 2: Read a book that completes a challenge. Read another. And another.
Step 3: When you are able to cross off 5 squares in a row on the board, bring your sheet in to the Circulation Desk for a prize and an entry in our monthly drawing. We will have a separate drawing for each age group.
Step 4: Keep reading! You can get as many prizes and entries as there are bingos on the board.
For older teens and adults
Most Items Located on the East Side of the Building
We have a wide variety of materials for all you learning and entertainment needs!
Having a hard time finding something? Ask a librarian!
Along with Fiction and Nonfiction we also provide the following materials:
- LARGE PRINT – we have both fiction and nonfiction titles.
- AUDIOBOOKS – books on CD.
- eBOOKS and eAUDIOS – downloadable from the Libby app on your phone or tablet.
- MUSIC CDs – in a wide variety of genres.
- DVDs & BLU-RAYs – these are located in the front lobby.
- SPECIALTY COLLECTIONS:
- GRAPHIC NOVELS and COMICS
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE COLLECTION – located next to the Children’s materials.
- IDAHO COLLECTION – materials dedicated to books on Idaho. You’ll find specialty books here on the great gem state, biographies, studies on the flora and fauna, local histories, and books by Idaho authors.
- SPECIAL and RARE ITEMS – located in the glass cases. These items do not circulate, but can be read in the library.
- KITS – we have several types of kits:
- ADULT EXPLORATION KITS – like having a college course in a red or yellow bag!
- BOOK CLUB KITS – with several copies of the same book and other education materials; in burgundy bags.
- SPEEDY READER KITS – the entire book series in one bag; in pale blue and grey bags.
Potatos & Peeps
April 4th through April 10th
Library Appreciation Week is on its way, and we’ve got some great things planned.
Peeps Diorama Contest!
Submit a book-themed potato and Peeps diorama by 5 p.m. April 2 to be considered for a prize.
Our Lili Databases have something for everyone! Get access to Consumer Reports, Chilton Auto Repair Library, Novelist Plus and so much more!
Regular Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
Closures in 2022
- January 1 – New Year’s
- January 17 – Martin Luther King, Jr., Day
- February 21 – President’s Day
- March 25 – Staff Development Day
- April 2 – Closed for Maintenance
- May 28-30 – Memorial Day
- June 20 – Juneteenth
- July 2-4 – Independence Day
- August 18-27 - Infrastructure Upgrades & Inventory
- September 3-5 – Labor Day
- September 22 - Staff Development Day
- October 1 – Closed for Maintenance
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day
- November 23 – Closing at 5 pm
- November 24-26 – Thanksgiving
- December 23-26 – Christmas
- December 30-31, 2022 – New Year’s
- January 2, 2023 – New Year’s Day
73 North Center
Rexburg, Idaho 83440
We are located on Center Street, just north of Main Street, by the Historic Rexburg Tabernacle.
24 Hour Phone Renewal: (208) 356-6658