Patron Computer Agreement
- The public computers are made available to patrons of the library for accessing learning materials, the catalog of library holdings, the Internet, accessing email, word processing and other appropriate uses. Guests at the library may request a guest computer pass. Users must agree to the Library computer use policy each time they use the library’s Internet connected computers.
B. Computer User Responsibilities
- to comply with the Internet Safety Policy of the library;
- to not access or attempt to access sexually explicit internet sites and to immediately report any accidental access of sexually explicit sites;
- to limit computer use to purposes that are legal in the State of Idaho and the United States, and to respect and protect the privacy of all persons, companies and organizations and to obey all copyright laws;
- to accept responsibility for all damages arising from the use of the computers, including protecting the computers from viruses, Trojan horses or other harmful or damaging software by downloading only to a removable storage device (e.g. diskette, jump drive, etc.);
- to not change any settings or configurations on the library computers;
- to have no more than two persons at a computer;
- to reimburse the library for each printed page at the advertised rate;
- to limit computer use to one time per day (24 hours period) for the time period set by the computer software (generally 1-2 hours for patrons; 15-30 minutes for guests); and to limit computer use to one time per day, or if a second access is needed, to obtain a guest pass at the reference desk (subject to computer availability);
- that violation of this agreement may result in loss of internet computer privileges for one year and that a second offense will result in permanent loss of internet computer privileges.
C. Parental Permission for Minors
- Parental permission is required for all minors (under 18 years of age) using the computers with Internet access.
- Children under 18 using a guest pass must have their parent /legal guardian sit with them.
D. Filtered Computers
- The Library’s Internet access is filtered and all efforts are made to adhere to the standards as outlined in the Internet Safety policy, but the Library makes no guarantees, expressed or implied, that inappropriate sites cannot be accessed due to the limitations of filtering software.
- Unfiltered access can be made available upon request on an individual basis as outlined in the Internet Safety policy.
New Temporary Hours of Operation
Due to staffing shortages and until further notice our temporary hours will be:
- Monday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday - Wednesday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Thursday: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
Closures in 2023
- January 2 – New Year’s
- January 16 – Martin Luther King, Jr., Day
- February 20 – President’s Day
- March 24 – Staff Development Day
- April 1 – Closed for Maintenance
- May 27-29 – Memorial Day
- June 19 – Juneteenth
- July 4 – Independence Day
- September 2-4 – Labor Day
- September 28 – Library Conference (LCEI)
- September 29-30 – Closed for Maintenance
- November 10-11 – Veteran’s Day
- November 22 – Closing at 5:00 pm
- November 23-25 – Thanksgiving
- December 23-26 – Christmas
- December 30-31, 2023 – New Year’s
- January 1, 2024 – New Year’s Day
73 North Center
Rexburg, Idaho 83440
We are located on Center Street, just north of Main Street, by the Historic Rexburg Tabernacle.
24 Hour Phone Renewal: (208) 356-6658