June 13th – 30th Teen Activities
Teens ages 12-18 gather together to watch anime favorites, chat about manga, and play games. No need to apply — just show up!
This month we will have a Pokémon the First Movie Popcorn Party!
Email Gina @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Join in on an epic adventure! Create your own character, let the dice choose your fate, and interact with others to see where the quest takes you.
Sign up or RSVP for this upcoming session of Dungeons & Dragons. Join our Discord server to connect with fellow adventurers and to learn more.
For teens 12 – 18 years of age.
Who loves to read?? This is a fantastic opportunity to meet and discuss the love of books with others who appreciate the written word as much as you.
June’s Bibliomaniac book will be The Eleventh Hour by Graeme Base. Bring your detective skills to solve the who-dunnit mystery of the book by decoding the puzzles on each illustrated page. And of course we will have treats!
Every Thursday during Summer Reading, a new take ‘n go Teen Craft will be available at the front Circulation Desk.
While supplies last. For ages 12 – 18.
Instructions and material lists can also be found on our website, under “Teen Zone,” and on our YouTube channel.
June 17: Wall Hanging Button Holder
June 24: Hedgehog Earbud Holder
July 1: Pokémon Terrarium
July 8: Monkey Fist Knot
July 15: Cut-Paper Fox Tin Art
July 22: Paper Firebirds
July 29: Shadow Art
Sign-ups are now in the front lobby area at the booth.
Each year, from June through July, we host Summer Reading. Our program for teens has lots of events and parties.
The 2021 Summer Reading Theme is “Tails and Tales.” The possibilities are endless!
- Participants must be ages 12 – 18 to enter
- Open to Madison Library District residents only
- 2,000 word maximum
- Limit 1 short story per person
- Must include an animal as part of the main story
- No photos or illustrations
- Work must be original, not previously published, and titled
- Submissions that are deemed inappropriate, culturally inaccurate or possess negative stereotypical characterization will be disqualified
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Email your original work to Gina Miller or bring a hard copy into the library.
- Subject line must say: “Tail”ish Tales Contest.
- Please include your name, age, and phone number in the email.
- Paste or type your short story in the email itself. Attachments will not be opened.
All entries must be received by Monday, July 26th, 2021.
Winners will be announced on Friday, July 31st, 2020 via Facebook, Instagram and email.