June 1st-12th Teen Activities
Sign-ups start June 7th in the Community Room
Each year, from June through July, we host Summer Reading. Our program for teens has lots of events and parties.
The 2021 Summer Reading Theme is “Tails and Tales.” The possibilities are endless!
- Participants must be ages 12 – 18 to enter
- Open to Madison Library District residents only
- 2,000 word maximum
- Limit 1 short story per person
- Must include an animal as part of the main story
- No photos or illustrations
- Work must be original, not previously published, and titled
- Submissions that are deemed inappropriate, culturally inaccurate or possess negative stereotypical characterization will be disqualified
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Email your original work to Gina Miller or bring a hard copy into the library.
- Subject line must say: “Tail”ish Tales Contest.
- Please include your name, age, and phone number in the email.
- Paste or type your short story in the email itself. Attachments will not be opened.
All entries must be received by Monday, July 26th, 2021.
Winners will be announced on Friday, July 31st, 2020 via Facebook, Instagram and email.
Friday, June 11th, 7-9 p.m. in the Community Room
Kick off the Teen Summer Reading program in style. Join us for an interactive movie night—eat gummy worms with Timon and Pumba, coconut candy with Zazu, etc—as we watch Disney’s The Lion King.