How to Apply for an Open Position
Bring your resume to the front Circulation Desk at the library, and leave it with the Circulation Clerk.
Due to the high volume of resumes we recieve, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. All submitted resumes are kept on file for 90 days and are reviewed for any position that may become available during that time.
We will be in touch if we need additional information or wish to schedule a phone or personal interview with you.
Job Classification: Library Page
TWO positions available: **MUST BE AVAILABLE M-Th 9-1, F 10-1, rotating Saturdays**
Part-Time: 15-19 hours per week.
Open until filled.
The primary function of an employee in this class is to perform responsible and varied paraprofessional, technical, and clerical work for the library. This position is supervised by and provided guidance in daily tasks by the Director or Assistant Director. The principal duties of the position are performed in the staff work areas and public service areas of the library, and include working with library visitors and other library staff.
- Projects a positive and pleasant attitude to the public;
- Cooperates with and maintains an effective relationship with other staff members as part of a team;
- Empties the book drop and sorts returned items;
- Shelves and maintains proper order of books, magazines, audio/visual material, and related library media;
- Locates requested items;
- Reads shelves for accuracy during shelving duties;
- Assists staff with checking materials for damage;
- Greets and assists patrons in finding library materials, and answers directional and basic information questions, referring them to other staff as necessary;
- Performs any other job-related tasks as requested
- Computer skills, including word processing and Excel;
- Phone and money handling experience;
- Ability to push and pull library book trucks weighing 100-300 lbs.;
- Carry up to 15 lbs. of books across the library;
- Stand for a long period of time;
- Bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves.
The Madison Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
New Temporary Hours of Operation
Due to staffing shortages and until further notice our temporary hours will be:
- Monday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday - Wednesday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Thursday: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
Closures in 2023
- January 2 – New Year’s
- January 16 – Martin Luther King, Jr., Day
- February 20 – President’s Day
- March 24 – Staff Development Day
- April 1 – Closed for Maintenance
- May 27-29 – Memorial Day
- June 19 – Juneteenth
- July 4 – Independence Day
- September 2-4 – Labor Day
- September 28 – Library Conference (LCEI)
- September 29-30 – Closed for Maintenance
- November 10-11 – Veteran’s Day
- November 22 – Closing at 5:00 pm
- November 23-25 – Thanksgiving
- December 23-26 – Christmas
- December 30-31, 2023 – New Year’s
- January 1, 2024 – New Year’s Day
73 North Center
Rexburg, Idaho 83440
We are located on Center Street, just north of Main Street, by the Historic Rexburg Tabernacle.
24 Hour Phone Renewal: (208) 356-6658