12-15 hrs/week, 6:00 am to 8:30 am Mon. – Sat., no benefits
The primary function of an employee in this position is to perform a wide variety of building maintenance duties. The ideal employee is detail-oriented, flexible, and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as the need arises.
The Janitorial Team is responsible for performing daily, weekly, and quarterly assigned duties to keep all areas of the building maintained and in good condition. Cleaning must take place outside normal hours of operation. Cleaning services are not required on Sundays and holidays when the Library is closed.
General Employee Responsibilities
- Projects a positive and pleasant attitude to the public;
- Cooperates with and maintains an effective relationship with other staff members as part of a team;
- Demonstrates regular & punctual attendance;
- Adheres to library policies and procedures;
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision;
- Performs other tasks as requested.
Ability to pass a standard background check required.
Must be able to:
- Follow written and/or oral instructions;
- Work early morning or late-night shifts;
- Work independently and with minimal supervision;
- Organize work for efficient use of time;
- Comprehend requests, written or verbal;
- Perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines;
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions and returning to and completing tasks in a timely manner;
- Accept and deal with challenges and changes quickly and professionally;
- Display high levels of attention to detail;
- Maintain confidentiality of patron records;
- Lift and move items up to 35 lbs;
- Stand for a long time in one area;
- Bend and stretch to reach high and low areas.
The Madison Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Regular Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
Closures in 2022
- January 1 – New Year’s
- January 17 – Martin Luther King, Jr., Day
- February 21 – President’s Day
- March 25 – Staff Development Day
- April 2 – Closed for Maintenance
- May 28-30 – Memorial Day
- June 20 – Juneteenth
- July 2-4 – Independence Day
- August 18-27 - Infrastructure Upgrades & Inventory
- September 3-5 – Labor Day
- September 22 - Staff Development Day
- October 1 – Closed for Maintenance
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day
- November 23 – Closing at 5:00 pm
- November 24-26 – Thanksgiving
- December 16 - Closing at 5:00 pm
- December 23-26 – Christmas
- December 30-31, 2022 – New Year’s
- January 2, 2023 – New Year’s Day
73 North Center
Rexburg, Idaho 83440
We are located on Center Street, just north of Main Street, by the Historic Rexburg Tabernacle.
24 Hour Phone Renewal: (208) 356-6658